We all want perfect manicured nails whether you like them colored, French or just plain nails. A manicure will surely give a makeover to your nails but you also need to take care of your nails regularly at home.
Let us first see how to find out if your nails are healthy-
- Healthy nails will have a pinkish tint.
- There will be cuticles.
- Tips of your nails will be even and white.
- There will be a proper half-moon shape at the base.
You will know your nails are unhealthy when you see the signs mentioned below-
- Splitting and peeling nails which is a sign of vitamin deficiency.
- Tiny white dot all over your nails.
- Yellowish tint on your nails.
- Groove lines on your nails which are a symptom of stress and jammed fingers.
We will guide you on basic upkeep to maintain good looking and healthy nails
- Regularly wash your hands to keep germs away. This will also exfoliate dead skin from your hand and keep dirt away from settling inside your nails.
- Do not use too much metal on your nails for buffing etc. This may separate the skin from nails and make way for bacterial infection.
- Cut and shape your nails on time so that they do not grow haywire. To have beautiful looking nails it is important to maintain their shape. Regular filing will help you get the desired shape.
- Do not let the length of your nails grow too long. Long nails may cause accidental nail peel which is painful and you will have to visit the doctors if there is bleeding. Very long nails do not look attractive as well so keep your nails medium length.
- Often we ignore foot nails and they are the ones which need cleaning as our feet are always inside socks, shoes or bar. Make a routine to soak your feet in warm water with a little soap added to it. After soaking your feet for 10 minutes wipe them and gently clean your toenails with a wipe.
- Sanitize your manicure kit regularly as germs can transfer from these tools on your nails very fast. It is advised not to use someone else’s manicure kit without making sure it is properly sanitized as you don’t want any infection to pass on.
- Give your nails a break by not applying nail paint for a few days. In this way, you are letting your nails breath and stay healthy.
- Apply a base coat to protect your nails from chipping as base coat gives strength to your nails.
- Wear gloves while cleaning the dishes as this will save your nails from chipping and no dirt will enter inside your nails.
- Eat calcium and protein-rich food to maintain the health of your nails. The deficiency of calcium and protein deficiency can be easily judged by looking at the nails.
- Apply gel-based nail polish as hey stay longer giving your nails a very classic look.